Bushiris Lose R5.5 Million Home As Co-Accused Appear in Court

Share this:

Shepherd Bushiri, Mary Bushiri and Landiwe Sindani in the Pretoria Magistrate’s Court

South Africa, Pretoria – The leader of the Enlightened Christian Gathering (ECG) church Prophet Shepherd Bushiri and his wife Mary have formally started their bid for bail in a Malawian court while they have already lost their R5.5 million home.

This as the pair violated their bail conditions of not leaving the country and failing to appear in the Pretoria Magistrate’s Court today alongside their three co-accused.

Willah Mudolo, Zethu Mudolo, and Landiwe Ntlokwana Sindani appeared in court 16 today sans the Bushiri’s to face charges of theft, money laundering, and fraud in connection with an alleged R106 million investment scheme.

Sindani who appeared dejected in court was also said to have almost violated one of her bail conditions as she had been ordered to inform the investigating officers a week prior to leaving for her home in Cape Town except for instances of an emergency.

She was said to have only informed officers a day before of her intentions to leave the Gauteng province without giving any details of the need to travel at short notice.

STAY UPDATED! READ:  Metro Police Charged Two Cops With Corruption To Receive Internal Disciplinary

The court-orderly as a procedure called for the Bushiri three times outside and inside the courtroom.

When asked of the Bushiri’s whereabouts their legal team from Mothapo attorneys said they had no knowledge of their whereabouts except for what they had followed in the media.

Kabelo Mothapo indicated that they had not received any further instructions from them either.

The state said that the warrant of arrest for the Bushiris had been issued on Monday following news of their pair’s departure and thus would move for their Centurion property to be forfeited to the state.

An order that Magistrate Thandi Theledi granted as the property was attached as their guarantee not to abscond from their trial proceedings which they did.

They have also as a result had their bail of R 400 000 revoked.

Court proceedings were postponed to December 3, to continue with the bail application of Mudolo as well as to allow the tracing of the Bushiris by authorities.

STAY UPDATED! READ:  SABC Problems Is Political, Says Former Board Member Mattison

Meanwhile, Bushiri’s Lawyer Terrence Baloyi said they were awaiting the outcome of the bail application in Malawi as it was still underway.

Pretoria News

Subscribe
Notify of
guest

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

0 Comments
Inline Feedbacks
View all comments