Suspect In Court For Murder And Assault After Turning Himself To Police

Share this:

22-year-old allegedly carried out the assaults on his two family members

South Africa, Cape Town – Reliable sources close to the investigation said the three attacks are suspected to be linked to the idea of a “sacrifice”, as the accused was allegedly galvanised by the word, and chanted it as he attacked his victims.

The suspect handed himself over to police at the weekend and appeared in court yesterday.

A 7-year-old Atlantis boy is recovering in hospital after he was stabbed, allegedly by his brother, while lying in bed.

The brother had also allegedly attacked and stabbed their cousin, who narrowly escaped with his life, a few hours earlier.

The day after the 22-year-old allegedly carried out the assaults on his two family members last Friday, he allegedly hacked a 40-year-old man to death and amputated both his arms before attempting to behead the body.

Police spokesperson Noloyiso Rwexana confirmed that the accused appeared in court yesterday.

“A case of murder has been opened for investigation after a 40-year-old man was found by members of the community on (Friday) at 3 pm next to Saxonsea, Atlantis.

STAY UPDATED! READ:  Strandfontein Residents Still In Shock Of Chad du Plessis Murder

According to information, the victim was hacked with an axe and had both arms almost amputated and wounds to his head. He died due to his injuries. A 22-year-old man was arrested on Saturday and appeared in court (yesterday) on a charge of murder,” Rwexana said.

Police did not respond to questions on whether they would be investigating the accused of the attacks on the two relatives.

The sources said he had been remanded to the Malmesbury correctional facility.

The National Prosecuting Authority is expected to respond in due course.

Cape Times

Subscribe
Notify of
guest

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

0 Comments
Inline Feedbacks
View all comments