WATCH LIVE: Jacob Zuma Leaves Inquiry Without Permission

Share this:

Former President Jaco Zuma has left the state capture inquiry without permission

South Africa, JOHANNESBURG – Former President Jacob Zuma has left the state capture inquiry without permission.

This comes in the wake of Deputy Chief Justice Raymond Zondo dismissing the former president’s application for recusal on the grounds that Zuma failed to meet the test for a reasonable apprehension of bias.

Zondo said that Zuma had been summoned to be at the inquiry from Monday to Friday unless he had been excused by the Deputy Chief Justice.

WATCH: After Zondo recusal dismissal, Jacob Zuma leaves inquiry without permission

It is unclear if the inquiry will now pursue criminal charges against him for being in contempt of a subpoena summons.

Earlier, Zuma’s lawyer, Muzi Sikhakhane, said that they would take Zondo’s decision on review and that they would lodge a complaint with the Judicial Service Commission regarding Deputy Chief Justice Raymond Zondo’s handling of the recusal application.

Share this:
STAY UPDATED! READ:  Corruption Case Postponed To Feb 2021 For Jacob Zuma And Thales
Subscribe
Notify of
guest

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

0 Comments
Inline Feedbacks
View all comments